||The Iroquois walk-in is a floor-mounted hood designed to handle large
laboratory equipment with roll-in accessibility. The full airfoil design
of the LA-series side posts promotes smooth airflow around the sash
perimeter. Wide Post (flat front) and Slimline (thin wall) post styles
are also available. Two independent full-framed vertical rising sashes
are standard equipment. Our distillation hood, a shorter version of
the walk-in, can be floor- or low table-mounted. Drawing from a half-century
of hood-making experience, we build hoods to accommodate almost every
variety of apparatus and procedure.
Standard features include:
- Welded superstructure for structural rigidity and design flexibility to accommodate custom hood sizes and features
- Three-piece baffle system with three adjustable dampers to regulate lighter- and heavier-than-air gases
- Airfoil around top and sides of sash opening, with electrical fixtures and plumbing controls mounted on bias surface
- Bypass grill with adjustable louvers to control bypass air volume
- Two independent, full-framed, stainless steel vertical sash with integral stainless steel finger pulls
- Stainless steel sash guides, duct collar
- Sash/counterweight pulley system utilizing four 2-1/2"-diameter pulleys for unexcelled smoothness and durability; full-width counterweight featuring “Tilt-Lock” for additional safety
- Fluorescent light fixture – 2’ or 4’ (bulbs not included) with vapor-proof light glass sealed to top panel
Optional equipment include:
- Liner material – choice of nine non-asbestos materials
- Auxiliary air bonnet – installs at front panel location to supply 70% of hood air from outside building. Requires its own blower and duct; moderate tempering of auxiliary air is recommended.
- Electrical switches and receptacles – pre-wired using U.L. listed components and meeting N.E.C. and the most stringent local codes
- Fluorescent or vapor-proof incandescent light fixtures; explosion-proof incandescent light fixtures for hazardous (classified) locations
- Service fixtures – remote control water and gas fixtures with chrome or epoxy-coated (color-coded) outlets by WaterSaver™ pre-piped to meet the most stringent local codes. Use of hard copper tubing with soldered unions assures joint integrity from factory to service hookup.
- Side-mounted cupsink
- Choice of sashes – vertical rising (standard); top-hung horizontal sliding; combination (vertical /horizontal) – in upper sash only
- Ceiling enclosure
- Air velocity monitor/alarm
- Automatic sash closer
- Countertops – cast epoxy, dished or flat
- Blowers – forward curved or backward inclined, selected to match hood and ductwork configuration and application; spark-resistant blowers with explosion-proof motors available for hazardous (classified) locations
LA-Series Walk-In Hoods comply with U.L. 1805 Classification requirements.